- In these terms and conditions ‘Guest House’ means the business of Stone House Guest House, Shifnal Road, Priorslee, Telford, TF2 9NN. ‘We’ are the proprietors of the Guest House
- These Conditions apply to all guests and attendees of the Guest House
- Reservations can be made by person, telephone, letter or email.
- Reservations made by letter will be subject to availability at the time the letter is opened and read by us. Reservations made by email will be subject to availability at the time the email is opened and read by us.
- A deposit of £20 per room is required to confirm the booking. Methods of paying the deposit are detailed below under the heading Payment
- We require 48 hours notice as a minimum for cancellation of reservations. Similarly any notification of premature departures must be given a minimum of 48 hours before departure. We will do our utmost to re-let the room and if we are able to do so then the only charges you will be liable to pay will be any expenses we incur in re-letting the room. Failure to give notice or where less than 48 hours notice is given will result in our tariff being applied in full
- Any deposit paid will be held until the final bill is presented whereupon the deposit will be deducted. If you cancel we will do our utmost to re-let the room and your deposit will be refunded only if we are able to do so, less any expenses we incur in re-letting the room
Check in and out times
- You may check in from 2pm. We may be able to allow you to check in earlier if you ask when you book. In any event we would be happy to allow you to leave your luggage with us if your room is not ready
- You are expected to check out by 10am on the day of departure. If you wish to check out at a later time, please let us know at the time of booking and we may be able to allow you to do so depending on the proposed arrival time of the next guest. We reserve the right to levy a charge of a further nights accommodation for late departures
- When you book we will ask you what time you expect to arrive. If you subsequently envisage arriving at a different time then please let us know on the day before you are due to arrive
- Only guests who have checked in at the Guest House will be allowed into the Guest House. In the event that you expect to receive visitors whilst staying at the Guest House you must seek permission from us beforehand
- We will accept arrivals up to 10.30pm. After that, out of courtesy to other guests, we will be unable to admit you
Right of Refusal
- We reserve the right to refuse a guest entry and accommodation if, on arrival, we reasonably consider that the guest is under the influence of drink or drugs, is unsuitably dressed or is behaving in a threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable manner
- Our room rates are published on our web site and in each room. Any additional services such as laundry will attract additional charges details of which are available on request
- Guests must settle their bill on departure unless arrangements have been made at the time of booking with the Guest House to invoice a company or firm. It is the responsibility of the guest to provide any purchase requisitions or order numbers that may be required and the invoicing address. We do not offer credit terms and therefore any invoices submitted are due for payment immediately. In the event that arrangements are made to accept payment from a company or firm, and payment is not forthcoming we reserve the right to seek remedy from the guest
- Please note that we do not pay commission to booking agents or other intermediaries unless we are notified that the booking attracts a commission at the time it is made and our agreement in writing is provided
- In the event of a cheque for payment being returned unpaid we will seek recourse from the drawer for any expenses we incur
- For stays of more than seven nights we reserve the right to require that guests pay interim payments every seven nights with the balance (if any) due on departure
- We do not accept payment by credit, debit or charge cards but we do accept cash and bank payments either domestic or international. We may accept major foreign currencies at our discretion providing we are given 2 working days notice that you wish to pay us this way
- In the event of a guest causing a disturbance or annoying other guests we reserve the right to request that the guest leaves immediately. In these circumstances the guest will be liable to the Guest House for the entire payment due up to the date of leaving or the following day if it is after 4pm
- Pets are not allowed in the building(s)
- Guests are expected to act in a reasonable manner at all times particularly in respect of their and others’ health and safety and give consideration to the comfort of other guests
- Children under the age of 14 should be supervised by a responsible adult at all times
- Anybody disregarding these rules be asked to leave immediately and the guest(s) will be liable to the Guest House for the entire payment due up to the date of leaving or the following day if it is after 4pm
- We are a strictly no-smoking household and it is against the law to smoke in our premises. An additional cleaning charge of £150 will be made if any guests are found to have smoked in their room
Losses and liabilities
- We can not be held responsible for loss or damage to vehicles parked on or outside our property
- Whilst we have permission from The Lion (our neighbours) for our guests to use their car park, they can not be held responsible for loss or damage to vehicles parked on their property
Guests will be liable for any damage, loss or personal injury they may cause at the guest house
Please report any defects to the Guest House immediately
Hotel Proprietors Act 1956.
The Guest House shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property of the guest or any such person as may so occur except within the constraints of the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956. In the case of loss or damage to the property it shall be reported and noted by the proprietors at the time of discovery thereof and reported to the Police within 24 hours. The Guest House’s liability for any other loss of or damage to an Attendee’s or Guest’s property is limited to £50.00 for any one article or £100.00 in aggregate, except where placed in the safe, or where stolen, lost or damaged through the default, neglect or wilful act of the Guest House
All vehicles are parked at the owners risk. Our guests are permitted, by the owners of the pub, to use their car park again at the owners risk. Neither we nor the Lion shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to vehicles parked in the car park.
Modification and Jurisdiction
- We to reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at our absolute discretion
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts
- E. & O.E.